Careers at Ribometrix
Ribometrix is committed to delivering on the promise of addressing human disease through novel scientific insight into the structure of RNA. Unlike traditional drug discovery methodologies that target the product of RNA, proteins, we believe small molecule therapeutics can be designed to interact with RNA to deliver a meaningful therapeutic benefit to patients living with disease.
We are a team of individuals driven by the spirit of innovation, collaboration, empowerment, and integrity who are committed to the goal of helping patients with our novel therapeutic approach.
If you are looking for an opportunity to pioneer new science, collaborate with great people, and ultimately help those in need, then Ribometrix may be the place for you.
Senior or Principal Scientist, Medicinal ChemistryDurham, NC, or Boston, MA - Fully Remote
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry to lead our early stage chemistry at Ribometrix. This position will report to the SVP, Drug Discovery and will be responsible for leading chemistry up to the point of hit declaration. Success in this position will require an individual who is comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with a drive to continually improve and execute within projected timelines, and who can collaborate effectively cross functionally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading chemistry efforts from screening through hit declaration, hit-to-lead and lead optimization. This will include critical evaluation of all screening data, the design and synthesis of compound sets to establish SAR, and interfacing with Sample Management and Lead Discovery scientists to ensure that high quality, decision-making experiments are conducted and interpreted with maximum efficiency.
- Actively managing contract research organizations, CROs, to expeditiously generate compounds and ADME data to drive programs, tracking progress on workplans and solving synthetic problems as they arise, and advising on appropriate levels of resource allocation across the Ribometrix chemistry portfolio.
- Collaborating with the Sample Management group to ensure that compounds are registered and routed to all appropriate assays and experiments.
- Proactively organizing and communicating early stage portfolio status to the Ribometrix Leadership Team.
- Evaluating and recommending new opportunities for compound collection enhancement and new technologies for screening and determination of target engagement.
- Leading by example to promote our Ribometrix core values: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Empowerment, Resilience, and Fun.
- Ph.D. in organic/medicinal chemistry with state-of-the-art knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Five+ years of small molecule drug discovery in an industrial setting – small company/biotech experience preferred. Title commensurate with experience.
- Evidence of driving programs to milestones as a team member – examples include validated hits, leads, or clinical candidates.
- Familiarization with all aspects of medicinal chemistry from hit identification through lead optimization.
- Experience in managing chemistry CROs to minimize delivery times and maximize productivity, including identification of problematic chemistry and designing and implementing solutions in collaboration with the CROs.
- Experience in helping draft patent applications and evaluating patent literature.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive organizational and communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
- A work ethic, sense of urgency, adaptability, and enthusiasm that will allow the successful candidate to enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced cutting edge research environment.
Scientist, RNA BiologyDurham, NC
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our RNA Biology group and contribute to the development of the Ribometrix platform. This person will be part of a team that is responsible for expanding the Ribometrix platform with novel biochemical and cell-based assays and will have a key role in keeping Ribometrix at the cutting edge. The position provides opportunities to explore the chemical biology of RNA-protein interactions while collaborating extensively with colleagues across disciplines to contribute to both the science and strategy of treating disease by targeting RNA. An ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of RNA binding proteins and demonstrated experience working with both biochemical and cell-based assays, cellular reporter assays, NGS libraries, and routine molecular biology work such as vector design and RT-qPCR.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interrogation of RNA-protein interactions using various assays, including but not limited to CLIP/RIP, RNA Bind-N-Seq, etc.
- Design and execution of novel cellular and biochemical assays, including reporter assays
- Execution and analysis of novel RNA-focused NGS experiments
- Preparation and characterization of in vitro transcribed RNA
- Perform complex data analysis and interpretation to generate conclusions and next steps that drive the science forward
- Manage scientific collaborations with external partners
- Support multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Stay up to date with the current scientific literature
- Work collaboratively and lead by example to promote our Ribometrix Core Values: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Empowerment, Resilience, and Fun.
- BS in Biology, Chemistry or related field with 12+ years’ experience; MS in Biology, Chemistry or related field and 9+ years experience or PhD in Biology, Chemistry or related field. Level will be awarded commensurate with experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with RNA binding proteins is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing, implementing, and troubleshooting biochemical and/or cell-based assays is preferred.
- Experience with the Illumina sequencing platform, including data analysis, is preferred.
- Experience purifying recombinant proteins from various expression hosts by FPLC is preferred.
- Strong experience with modern molecular biology techniques is required.
- Experience performing routine mammalian cell culture is preferred.
- Experience with command-line software, for example, Python, R, et cetera, is preferred.
- Experience working with small drug-like molecules or tool compounds is preferred.
- Strong initiative, problem solving skills, desire to learn, attention to detail, and ability to effectively organize and prioritize are required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse and dynamic team is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional maturity, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
- Strong initiative complemented with a sense of accountability, sense of urgency and adaptability is required
- Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting is preferred.
- Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
Associate Director, Program-Project ManagementDurham, NC
Ribometrix seeks a highly motivated, hands-on individual contributor for the visible and key role of Associate Director – Program/Project Management to help plan, track, coordinate, analyze and drive Ribometrix programs and projects.
A Day in the Life:
- Develops and executes sound, data-based project plans incorporating all activities required, including critical path analysis and resource loading where applicable.
- Oversees and coordinates project teams from conception through IND.
- Tracks projects to ensure completion on time and on budget.
- Identifies program risks and leads teams in development of risk mitigation strategies; works with others to resolve issues and remove barriers.
- Leads teams to anticipate and resolve project issues/delays, understand root causes of delays when they occur and implement corrective actions to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Facilitates project teams to identify and execute efficient drug discovery plans containing activities which will successfully meet the desired product profile and support regulatory requirements and timelines.
- Effectively governs external collaborations and fosters positive relationships with partners.
- Develops and maintains documentation and prepares agendas, decision/action logs, presentations, and status reports.
- Applies best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects.
- Assists with management of project budgets and forecasts.
- Performs other duties, as necessary.
Must Haves - Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have a required minimum of 10 years’ experience managing biotech or pharmaceutical R&D projects and programs.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related field, Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Proven history of successful management of R&D programs is required.
- Must be a hands-on and goal-oriented problem solver
- Solid organizational skills including great attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to create a work breakdown structure, create a detailed project plan utilizing MS Project or other software, understand task linkages, and understand how to identify the critical path
- Must possess strong verbal communication, and people skills
- Must be exceptional at presenting to executive leadership team highlighting strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills· Ability to influence others at all levels of the organization is essential
- PDMA or PMP certification, a plus.